Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Things are coming together

I've got the photo album thing sorted, now all I need is some pictures to put in there. For now I have some pictures of Pauline doing her slalom thing in Bratislava in the slideshow. These pictures were kindly donated by the DCU Canoe Club.

Three weeks ago I ordered a nice helmet camera for the Uganda trip but I found out yesterday morning that the guys I ordered from had none in stock and so it hadn't been shipped to me. so I canceled my order and found a guy in England on eBay who said he could have the same model camera to me in 3 days. It's cutting it tight but hopefully I'll be able to have paddler's eye view footage of some of the runs we'll be hitting in Uganda as well as whatever pictures we take.

2 comments:

Mike said...

What camera have you ordered?

Wandering Paddler said...

I ordered the Oregon Scientific ATC 3K Action Cam.

I did a good bit of research online and it seems that there's no real middle ground for waterproof helmet cameras. You either spend a lot of money and get a fantastic piece of kit. Or you spend a couple of hundred and get something alright. The videos on youtube that I found that were taken with this camera look alright. So for my budget and the (hopefully) just in time delivery it was a winner. We'll have to wait to see the footage though.